The Westerly Land Trust is seeking a summer intern to assist with a diverse set of tasks relating to land stewardship and environmental education. We work to conserve open space of both land and water, revitalize culturally significant properties and provide environmental programs for our community. This internship will provide exposure and experience to the environmental field and the structure and functionality of a nonprofit organization. As an intern, you will assist in land stewardship, property maintenance, field trips, special events and other related tasks. This internship is unpaid and approximately 15 hours/week. To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Meg Senack, Programs and Outreach Coordinator at: email@example.com by 03/12/2018.
- Minimum of one year of college, with preference to students working towards a degree in environmental science, biology, education, or a related field.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable working outside
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Have a valid divers license